Friday 2 December 2011

Sing it away...

My computer interface is finally here! I can now use my brand new professional microphone!! Not the ones that you get for $40 at Best Buy or Future Shop. This one cost me $135! Manufacturer price of $250. I'm absolutely in love with it!

I bought the microphone first because I really wanted to record myself singing some covers. Then I realized I needed an XLR cable. And THEN I realized I needed an XLR convertor to USB. So, it took me almost a month to get all together. But it took me at least 3 months to decide to buy them all. You see, with a friend of mine that lives in Washington, DC, we want to create some metal tunes, and he showed interest in my voice after I sent him some videos of me singing. And I've always dreamed of having a band. So, I am making my dream come true.

I just tested my microphone because I have been crazy busy all week long. This has been by far my busiest week of the year! So I had only had the chance to record a tiny "Hi. This is test number one" test on my computer. The sound is so crisp and clear. I am really looking forward to do this project!

If you want to check how my microphone looks like, click here. It's a AKG Perception 220 Condenser microphone. I'll be taking pictures of it by next week. When all the madness is gone!

No comments:

Post a Comment