Saturday 22 December 2012

Christmas presents 101

In this post I'm not going to tell you what you should give as a present, but what absolutely NOT to give. At least not to me.

The following items have only one meaning to me: I didn't have time to look for a present for you/I had the time but I didn't care to actually make it for you/I'm not really interested in thinking about you.

- Candles. A candle set, really? If you are going to give me something just for the sake of giving whatever might as well give me a pair of socks. Those will keep me warm, at least.

- A body lotion gift set. Because nothing says "I just grabbed the first thing I saw in the shelf for you under $12" better than this. Ok, maybe I can give a little credit to hand soap or lotion. They can be useful, alright. But don't give it to me years in a row. That's just rude.

- Ties. For men. I don't like to give ties because it only says "I really had nothing in mind for you, and I figured you might need one of these ones eventually". Yeah, TO YOUR FUNERAL!

I hope you people start thinking a bit more for your next coworker gift or to whoever it is. Even a coffee mug is more useful! God knows those break all the time.

Merry Christmas to you, too! And you're welcome

No comments:

Post a Comment