Sunday 17 March 2013

Weekend in Whistler

A few weeks ago, Jeff and I got invited for a weekend to a friend's relatives' cabin in Whistler, a famous little city at north of Vancouver known for being a skiing and snowboarding paradise to adrenaline junkies and winter sports athletes worldwide. I had never been there in winter time, just once in summer time when the mountain is green instead of white, and they held different kinds of activities like mountain biking and stuff like that. It was gorgeous! Just the mountains itself, plus the pines covered in snow were amazing. And we had great weather, too. The sun was shining bright and everybody looked so happy. There were many families too, since it was the province's first Family Day: a holiday that had just been instated the year prior by our premier, Christy Clark. So it was a very lively day out in the Village.

Unfortunately, I didn't have enough money to get skii/snowboard rentals, nor I owed any winter sports clothing. So I stayed with a handful of our friends in the cabin that we were all staying in. We went for a walk and finally some drinks. It was a lovely day. Dinner and heavy drinks would come in later :P

The next day we were getting ready to go. But I didn't want to leave Whistler without at least trying ONE snow-related activity. Sure, I went ice skating the night before, but I can do that in Vancouver! So Jeff and me grabbed a sled and went looking for a nice snow-covered hill. There weren't that many of them, but I finally had the experience of sledding. It was so much fun! We had a blast. I wish I had the right outfit for it though. All in all, it was an awesome weekend, and I can't wait to go back. Maybe next time I will actually go skiing or snowboarding ;-)



1 comment:

  1. We need to make it an annual event, I agree..and you're hitting the mountains for sure next time :)

    ReplyDelete